Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will not be accepting swab samples from the alleged father until further notice.
About this Test
Scientists have for long known that fetal DNA is present in maternal blood during pregnancy. The NIPPT (Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Test) is performed using NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) technology and can be performed starting at your 7th week of pregnancy (please refer to your dating scan). We can confirm the paternity of the fetus with 99.9% accuracy.
All we require to accurately confirm or exclude paternity is a sample of Maternal Blood (collected via a standard medical blood draw) and either a Blood Sample, Nails or Mouth Swab Samples from the alleged father.
A trained professional will need to collect the blood sample required for this test. Upon confirmation of your order, we will email you a recommendation for one of our affiliated Pathology Collection Centres close to you. The sample collection kit will be sent directly to the collector once confirmed. The fee for your sample collection is covered in the test price.
How does our NIPPT compare to other tests?
1. Our test is absolutely risk-free. We analyse the cell free fetal DNA found in the mother’s blood sample via a simple blood-draw. Other prenatal paternity testing sampling methods such as amniocentesis and chorionic Villus sampling (CVS) are invasive and carry the risk of miscarriage or of harming the unborn child.
2. The prenatal paternity test we offer is more cost-effective, less time consuming and simple to carry out. The medical costs of undergoing invasive sample collections like amniocentesis or Chorionic Villus sampling can be relatively high and can take longer to organise and conclude.
3. Our test does not require assistance of specialist OBGYN. Amniocentesis and CVS are medical investigations and require assistance of an OBGYN.
4. Because we use cell-free DNA in the maternal blood, there is no risk of misdiagnosis or incorrect results due to previous pregnancies or miscarriages. It is important to note that because we use cell-free fetal DNA, our prenatal test is far more accurate and reliable than other non-invasive tests that use whole DNA enclosed in cells (nucleated fetal Cells). The DNA samples are analysed using Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and testing is carried out by analysing over 5,000 genetic markers known as single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs).
Our test is the most accurate non-invasive prenatal test for paternity, available worldwide!! Results can be ready in as little as 10-15 working days from the receipt of the samples at the laboratory and will show one of two possibilities:
- The alleged father cannot be excluded as the biological father. In this case, the tested male is the biological father and we will confirm this with a 99.9% probability.
- If the tested alleged father is not the biological father and is excluded as the biological father of the unborn baby we will exclude him with a 100% probability.
The only time we cannot conduct the test is in cases of IVF, if the Mother is expecting twins or if the alleged Fathers are close blood relatives.